Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions of Sale - Bespoke Aquaria & Dry Goods
All orders are bound by the following Terms & Conditions of Sale:
1. Full payment is required with order. Please note that construction WILL NOT BEGIN until payment is received, in the case of bespoke aquaria.
2. We accept Cash, Credit/Debit Cards or BACS payments; we do not accept cheques.
3. All prices quoted are inclusive of 20% VAT
4. All our aquariums are manufactured from Pilkington float glass. Aquariums in 10mm glass or thicker are manufactured using machine flat-polished edges as standard, and aquariums built in 4mm – 8mm glass come with hand-finished edges as standard. Braces are generally hand-finished on any size aquarium.
5. On occasion, and particularly on larger tanks, we may use thinner glass for the bracing than the rest of the aquarium. This is for practical reasons and does not affect the strength of the aquarium nor the guarantee.
6. All our aquariums are manufactured to a minimum safety factor of 2. This ensures everybody’s safety. We WILL NOT build any aquarium to a lower safety factor.
7. We offer the option of translucent or black silicone sealant. Please note that unless advised otherwise we will use translucent silicone as standard.
1. A lead time will be advised at the time of ordering. Any lead time quoted is approximate and intended as a guideline only. If not mentioned the default lead time period of 6 weeks applies.
2. We will not be held responsible for the loss of any stock, or customer’s waiting time, in the event that a lead time over-runs. We advise that customers do not order stock or empty an existing aquarium until the new aquarium has arrived safely.
1. Deliveries are available via van or pallet courier (choice at our discretion), subject to a delivery charge dependent on area. This will be advised at the time of ordering. In the case of glass aquaria.
2. Deliveries are made on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays or Fridays between 8am and 7pm. Saturday deliveries are available at extra cost, this must be specified at the time of ordering.
3. All deliveries are KERBSIDE ONLY. Drivers are NOT INSURED to assist with unloading; it is the CUSTOMER’S responsibility to ensure sufficient manpower is available to offload items. If sufficient manpower has not been arranged at the time of delivery, we reserve the right to return the item(s) to our premises. If a re-delivery is required this will incur a further charge.
4. If a pallet courier is unable to deliver due to nobody being present at the delivery address, a non-delivery charge will apply as well as a re-delivery charge on a future date.
5. If any item arrives damaged, it is the customer’s responsibility to notify us on the SAME DAY. This must be done via email with clear photographs of the damage, and any details noted on the delivery note provided. We will not be held responsible for any damages not notified on the day of delivery.
1. Customers are welcome to collect during our opening hours (10am-6pm Tues-Sat, closed Monday and Sunday), but please be aware that we are only able to provide limited assistance when loading into customers’ vehicles. We will not be held responsible for any loss or damage incurred whilst loading or during transport after loading. It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure aquariums are loaded sufficiently and safely for the journey.
2. Customers are welcome to arrange their own courier but this is entirely at the customer’s risk. We will not be held responsible for any loss or damage as a result of the actions of any courier. Due to the fragile nature of our products, whilst we make every effort to ensure aquariums are packaged for transport we will not be held responsible for any loss or damage as a result of packaging. We offer no guarantee that our packaging will prevent damage to the item(s).
3. Couriers must collect during our opening hours (see 1.)
Braced aquariums are covered against leaks by a 5-year guarantee and rimless/braceless aquariums are covered against leaks by a 2-year guarantee, subject to the following terms:
1. Warranties are made null and void if any aquarium has not been positioned on a fully supported flat level surface, with a layer of polystyrene at least 10mm thick between the aquarium base and the surface. Any cabinet, stand, racking or similar not
constructed by us must be suitable for purpose. It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure that this is the case.
2. We can supply polystyrene on request at extra cost.
3. Any structural alterations made to any aquarium by anyone other than ourselves, will invalidate any warranty. This includes the drilling of holes.
4. Glass aquarium covers are not covered by any warranty.
5. Aquariums being used for anything other than the holding of ornamental aquatic life are excluded from any warranty.
6. The breakage of glass panels is not covered by the warranty.
Livestock Terms & Conditions of Sale
- We guarantee our livestock to be in good health and 100% fit for sale at the time of customer purchase.
- All livestock sizing is approximate, we make every effort to be as accurate as possible, sometimes this can be slightly over or under.
- It is the customers responsibility to ensure they have adequate means of housing and caring for purchased animals.
- We do not accept livestock returns, this is for bio-security purposes.
- We do not re-home or part exchange livestock.
- Once the animal has left our premises we are no longer responsible for the care of the animal and at that point our liability ends. We do not offer any DOA claims once collection orders for livestock have left the premises.
- It is the customers responsibility to ensure adequate compatibility of species. We cannot accept fish back due to customer error.
- For delivered livestock there is a 60 minute window for DOA claims upon point of delivery.
- All DOA claims will require pictures and videos, there are no exceptions.
- We reserve the right to honor DOA claims with the use of a shop credit voucher.
- We deliver livestock using APC, UPS or our own company vehicles. We reserve the right to choose the most appropriate.
- Livestock delivery arrivals can only fall between Tues-Fri. There is no option for weekend or Monday deliveries.
- We will not sell livestock to any person under the age of 16. We reserve the right to ask for proof of age should it be required.
- All items are sold as NEW condition
- All electrical items carry a 12 month manufacturers warranty
- The warranty is held with the manufacturer and not ourselves. Meaning should the item become faulty it is up to the manufacturer to rectify this.
- All electrical items are sold in sealed boxes.
- Electrical items may be exchanged or returned within a 28 day period, from the day of purchase. A till receipt is required and the security seal of the box must be in tact.