The Science Behind Szat Clearwater
During metabolism, our fish are burdened with harmful substances, the most dangerous of which being the introduction of the aquarium, ammonia (NH3) and ammonium ions (NH4 +). These substances, which are the most problematic in practice, are useful nitrifying bacteria, which appear to be invisible as a live coating at the end of the first week at the aquarium surface, with nitrosomers first becoming nitrite (NO2). By the end of the following week Nitrobacters will take the form of a less dangerous nitrate (NO3) form that, because of the oxygen-like conditions, as the oxidized compound does not develop and accumulates!
1. In a minimum of two-week aquarium with a sufficiently large biological filter surface, no harmful ammonia, ammonia or nitrite can be detected.
2. If the filter surface is not large enough, the nitrite will continue to be present in our aquarium, which is much more toxic than nitrate. For most aquariums, this is the main problem. A sufficiently large filter surface is important because of the number of germs. The proportion of beneficial and pathogenic monocytes, fungi and bacteria that are constantly present in our aquariums is shifted to an unfavorable proportion in the case of the too small filter surface, leading to illness. If we have a large enough filter area, which is good if a minimum of a quarter of the aquarium volume, then the useful degrading organisms, all metabolic products and residues are destroyed, and the germ count is low and remains good.
3. However, the amount of nitrate is increasing steadily. In nature, no such fish are encountered with this problem, because there are generally less than 5mg / l nitrate levels, as plants pick them up. In our aquariums, this is done with very strong lighting (1 watt / l), with many plants and very few halls, which rarely succeed. The more commonly the case is that the amount of nitrates is faster or slower, but increases. That's why, by choosing traditional methods, we need a water change, which can be done in a spectacular aquarium for up to 2-3 days if we do not want to be bad for our fish.
Water change is difficult, and sudden drop in nitrate levels can cause a milder or more severe embryo, as it can cause nitrogen gases dissolved in the blood, bubble form, and excrete essential organs from the bloodstream.
Why is nitrate harmful?
Nitrate, like other nitrogen-containing substances, paralyzes oxygen-carrying red blood cells (methemoglobinemia) in the bloodstream of the fish. At moderate levels (50 mg / l), anorexia, constant weight loss, pale colors are typical of our fish. This is the most common case. In severe cases (100 mg / l), despite the adequate oxygen supply, despite our drowning symptoms, due to the different condition and genetic predisposition, we die sporadically.
Too much nitrogen is also harmful to plants, which is shown by yellowing leaves.
How Does Clear Water Work?
Clear Water Surfactants bind to toxic nitrates and nitrate-containing substances and help to break down poisonous sulfuric acid. It makes water crystal-clear, so our plants grow better due to better light conditions. Relating to the nitrogen cycle, it relieves the biological filter and stabilizes the bio system of the aquarium.
How long does it work?
After a while, it is no longer able to bind more nitrates, approx. It works for 3 months. This is most accurately measured using a nitrate test. If our aquarium nitrate level reached 50 mg / l, proceed as follows:
* To regenerate simply place in a water and salt solution. Use 100-200g of salt (salt free from anti-caking agents, or aquarium tonic salt) to 1 litre of tepid water. Place the item in the salt water solution for 30 - 40 minutes. Rinse in cold water following this.
* Put back the substance and measure the nitrate level the next day. If it has not changed, partial water change is required. It does not need to be regenerated after water exchange, it will again provide for the required 50 mg / l of fish for a long time.
The carefully selected size of the fish planted in practice is revealed in practice, but usually 1-3 months. If you have to regenerate frequently to water exchange, it is worth choosing a larger one. For breeders, up to 1 litre of filter material may be needed to filter 50 litres of aquarium water.
Where to apply?
It is specially recommended for restaurants, hotels with built-in aquariums where water exchange can be difficult to solve, and it is beneficial to keep transparent, crystal clear water. This material simplifies the maintenance tasks of the aquarium.
For the breeders, because of the expensive water and the import of highly sensitive species of fish (discos, dwarf mites, labyrinths, eateries), and man-made breeding livestock and goldfish varieties with a lower number of wild genes.
It requires 5mg / l of nitrate for the development of plants, which does not interfere with the development of fish.
What to do next?
During nitrification and other oxidation processes, the pH of the aquarium is constantly decreasing and the water conductivity is increasing. For example, at pH 5, nitrification is completely blocked. More and more substances get into the water, which increases the amount of ions. They are salts of strong acids and strong bases that are present in the aquarium water in a completely ionic, dissociated, dissociated form. Low pH causes loss of appetite, digestive problems, pale colours. An extremely common problem is that the surface gravel available in our aquarium can not neutralise the decreasing pH or the neutral pH of our water contains unfavourable cations. The calcium needed to provide the neutral pH from the porous horseshoe shells immediately dissolves into the water in the required amount.
Continuous measurement of nitrate is a prerequisite for pH control. The two most important parameters of water chemistry, the continuous monitoring of nitrate and pH, and keeping it at the right level, are the basis of freshwater aquaristics today.
How to use it?
The filter material is placed in a water-insoluble synthetic sachet and is surrounded by water-insoluble yarn.
For internal filters, slide between the glass and the sponge or replace the sponge. For external filters, insert one of the filter holder brackets. We can also hide behind a stone. It is advisable to install it after a pre-filter. We can apply it continuously and occasionally.
Made from natural materials. It does not emit any harmful substances! The only effective known nitrate removal method! Reform product in aquarium!
We distribute 6 sizes of SZAT CLEAR WATER, of which 3 are internal, 3 external filters. The filter material shows the size and size of the aquarium and is provided with a regeneration guide. The filter material is selective, so it is not to be confused with the entire ion exchanger, mainly nitrate and long-term humic acids containing nitrate radicals causing brownish yellow discoloration of the water. With the help of our experiments, the water exchange per time interval can be increased to 20 fold according to our experiments.
Sigma Aquatics are the sole exclusive importer of these products in the UK and EU. These products are available directly from ourselves in store and online, and through our carefully selected trade partners.